Cybernetica has earned a reputation as a dependable provider of innovative e-Government solutions, often outclassing recognized international players in ...
UXP is created by the authors of the world-renowned e-Government system ...
SplitKey® Mobile Identity
SplitKey Authentication and Digital Signature Platform is a next generation digital ...
Internet voting (i-Voting) allows voters to participate in an election over ...
Customs Engine product suite is a result of close co-operation with ...
The X-Road interoperability platform is comprised of the core technology (Unified ...
- Marine Technologies
Systems and equipment for marine radiocommunication, surveillance and navigation
- Security Technologies
Sharemind is a data analysis system for securely processing confidential information. Sharemind protects your data better than standard databases ...
The main research goals are related to various theoretical and practical aspects of Cryptography, including Public Key Infrastructure, Time-Stamping, ...
Commercial off-the-shelf solution for Customs authorities implementing all essential customs processes
Temporary Storage Module
The temporary storage module handles the processes related to temporary storage of the goods before applying the customs procedure. Goods are normally placed in a temporary storage after their arrival on board of transport vehicle. Temporary storage is used for unpacking the goods, inspecting them and preparing them for applying of the customs procedure.
Temporary storage is also used during transshipment, when goods are waiting for next vehicle.
Basic functions of the temporary storage module are:
- Preparation of the temporary storage notifications based on the previous customs documents (e.g. cargo manifest, entry summary declaration, transit declaration). Temporary storage notification is prepared by the terminal owner. Module helps to prepare the notification by retrieving the existing data from the other modules, so that it can be reused by terminal owner for lodging the temporary storage notification.
- Lodgment of the temporary storage notification by terminal owner. By lodging the notification, the terminal owner notifies about the arrival of the goods, so that the previous customs procedure (e.g. transit) can be stopped. Also, by lodging the notification, the terminal owner takes the responsibility of the goods.
- Validation of temporary storage notifications. System validates the temporary storage notifications and rejects the invalid ones.
- Automatic risk analysis of the consignment data presented in temporary storage notification. System will perform the risk analysis in order to determine if the goods should be inspected. Customs officers have also possibility to manually manage the risks.
- Assignment of the controls based on the results of risk analysis. Temporary storage module will assign the controls based on the results of the risk analysis of the temporary storage notifications. In addition, system will retrieve the unhandled risks of the consignment from other modules (e.g. if the notification was based on the transit declaration, the system will retrieve the risks of the transit declaration from the transit module).
- Notifying the temporary storage facility operator about controls. Temporary storage owner is notified if it is allowed to unload the goods, or if the customs will inspect them.
- Managing the status of consignments based on the results of controls. After the completion of the inspection the customs officers will either release the goods for storage and next customs procedure or stop them.
- Amending the temporary storage notification based on the results of inspection of goods. If the customs officers or terminal owner find discrepancies during the inspection or unpacking of the goods, the temporary warehousing notice can be amended to reflect actual contents of the consignment.
- Notifying about expiration of temporary storage time limits. The temporary storage module is built around the assumption that terminal owner has the responsibility to monitor the time limits for temporary storage. If the time limits are exceeded, the terminal owner will notify the customs using the temporary warehousing module.