Cybernetica has earned a reputation as a dependable provider of innovative e-Government solutions, often outclassing recognized international players in ...
UXP is created by the authors of the world-renowned e-Government system ...
SplitKey® Mobile Identity
SplitKey Authentication and Digital Signature Platform is a next generation digital ...
Internet voting (i-Voting) allows voters to participate in an election over ...
Customs Engine product suite is a result of close co-operation with ...
The X-Road interoperability platform is comprised of the core technology (Unified ...
- Marine Technologies
Systems and equipment for marine radiocommunication, surveillance and navigation
- Security Technologies
Sharemind is a data analysis system for securely processing confidential information. Sharemind protects your data better than standard databases ...
The main research goals are related to various theoretical and practical aspects of Cryptography, including Public Key Infrastructure, Time-Stamping, ...
Commercial off-the-shelf solution for Customs authorities implementing all essential customs processes
Arrival processes deal with actual arrival of consignments to the customs territory. It is one of the most important process areas, both from security and safety viewpoint and from fiscal viewpoint. There are several issues that complicate the arrival processes and therefore the streamlining of the processes is very important:
- Arrival processes tend to be time-critical – ensuring the fast unloading is a must.
- Arrival processes tend to involve many parties – a carrier, handling agent, customs, other governmental agencies, etc.
- The data set describing the consignments is usually very small and sometimes lacks in quality.
- Different parties possess different information about the consignment that must be matched at the time of arrival.
- Different modes of transport have very different arrival procedures. There is no one-procedure-fits-all-transport-modes solution.
It is important to make the best use of the available information within a very short timeframe during when the customs has a sufficient control over the goods.
Of course, initiatives such as Authorized Economic Operator (AEO) help to lift some work from Customs and simplify the arrival processes for Customs, but there will still be a plenty of ordinary movements around.
Customs Engine helps the Customs authorities and traders to implement the arrival processes:
- lodgment of arrival notification in the form of cargo manifest,
- validation of arrival notifications,
- handling the arrival of the road transport without requiring the electronic arrival notification,
- automatic and optional manual risk analysis of the consignment data presented during the arrival,
- assigning the controls based on the results of risk analysis of the arrival and pre-arrival information,
- managing the status of consignments based on the results of controls.